Become a Generation Hope Scholar
The application cycle for the 2013/2014 academic school year has closed. The application cycle for the 2014/2015 academic school year will open in December 2013. Please check our website for specific dates.
When you become a Generation Hope Scholar, you join a group of businesses, organizations, and individuals that wants to see you – and your child – achieve success. As a Generation Hope Scholar, you will be matched with an individual, organization, or business that will provide emotional and financial support to help you earn your college degree. You have amazing potential, and we’ve designed our program to help you realize that potential.
Criteria for Generation Hope Scholars:
- Applicant must be a teen parent (defined as having a child by the age of 19) and under the age of 25. Applicant should be 25 or under at the time of application submission
- Applicant must be raising or actively involved in child’s life (defined by regular support and care of your child)
- Applicant must be attending - or planning to attend - college starting the Fall 2013 semester in Washington, DC, Maryland or Virginia and seeking an undergraduate degree
- Applicant must have a minimum 2.5 grade point average
- Applicant must be a US Citizen or legal US Resident
- Applicant must submit a copy of their Student Aid Report (SAR) or proof of FAFSA submission How do I apply for aid?
- Applicant must take a minimum of 6 credits each semester
Process for becoming a Generation Hope Scholar:
- Complete the application
- Submit two letters of recommendation
- Submit an official and recent school transcript including cumulative grade point average or GED certificate
- Submit a copy of Student Aid Report (SAR) or proof of FAFSA submission
- Submit essay question response
- Meet with GH staff for interview
- Complete mandatory mentee training in July 2013
Questions? Would you like us to come speak to your program/students? Please contact Caroline Griswold, Program Manager, at email@example.com or (202) 642-5649.